Photobucket

[STORY] Can I Have This Dance

Hi guys. I'm gonna make this short because I'm gonna post a short story this time. Well, I dedicate this story to a friend of mine that I've grown fond of over a year knowing this person as a parting present. And I'm sad because we have to part away. *I'm crying now :')  But, if this parting is for a good reason, then I'm sure we'll meet again!

This story is based on High School Musical 3 - Can I have This Dance. I'm using the lyrics as their dialogue and situations. I hope the feelings I'm trying convey reach you readers. 

P/S - Excuse the grammatical error.

Enjoy!

********** ********** ********** ********** ********** **********

“Hey… Umm…  So… I've got two tickets to the ‘Last Waltz’,”

“No! You didn’t! Felix! Really? I thought they have sold out within…. Wait! You didn’t use your powers to get those tickets, right?”

“Nope,”

“Are you sure?” Haley asks him, suspiciously. Her eyes pierce his.

“I promise! I didn't use my powers, but…” Felix hesitates.

“But….” Haley repeats his last word, waiting for him to continue his unfinished sentence.

Felix inhales deeply. His eyes close. “…. I hacked into their system. Powers and skills are different, so, I'm not lying to you, you know,” he says it in one breath.

Haley let out a hefty groan. It’s useless to be mad at him, she tells herself. ‘He’s not from your world, mortal world.  He came from another world, far from human logical thinking, far from dream, beyond fantasy,



Felix is a fallen angel. Fallen because of his curiosity, mischiefs and his cunningness – an unfit combination for being an angel. She never asked him what type of angel he was, or how an angel supposed to behave and he never told her about it.


“I'll return them if you don't like it,” Felix says in an apologizing tone after Haley sit quiet for almost a minute. He turns to walk out of the dance studio, feeling a bit guilty and distraught.

“Felix,” she stops him when he’s few steps away from the door. “You really get that ticket for me?” she asks him. She could feel his effort trying to make her happy; it’s a wrong way, but Felix could be that pure innocent angel despite his traits. Too innocent that he could not tell what’s right and wrong.

“Uh… Yeah… I know that you want to go there badly. I… I… Uh… Some sort of accidentally read your thoughts the other night,”

“You what?!” Haley cries. 

“I’m sorry. You seemed down and you didn't answer to me when I asked you. So, I…” Felix could see Haley’s dark aura now as she comes closer to him. He didn't like it when she let out that dark aura of hers. “Your dark aura…” he muttered, scared. “I’m sorry,” he said once again. Almost instantly, he sees changes in Haley’s aura; something that he couldn't read.

Haley is getting closer to him, with that piercing gray eyes of hers looking straight into his amber eyes. Her aura is still unreadable; there’s no dark aura around her anymore, though. Somehow, this sensation of hers makes him more scared and confused than her dark aura.

“I’m sorry. Part of it was an accident, really. The moon was at its zenith and my powers magnified. I can't help it,” Felix explains, stuttering.



He promised Haley not long time ago that he would never read her thoughts again. The last time he did, she didn’t make his favorite tuna sandwiches for a week. He had to suffer sardines. He didn't like sardines.



“You won’t make sardines for me right?” he asks when Haley, who’s standing in front of him now, remaining silent and unreadable. She burst to laugh hearing this, and hugs him.

“You're lucky that you're a cute and fluffy cat when you turn into one, you know that? Double lucky that I can't resist cute things,”

Felix let out a silent sigh of relief and hugs her back, gawkily.

“So, here’s your ticket. Go with your date,” he breaks the silence between them after what it seems hours of hugging her. He feels weird; weirdly awkward, but he didn't want it to stop. Her hug feels warm and nice against him and he likes it – being close to her.

Haley accepts the tickets from his hands, and she gives him one of the pair. “I’d like you to be my date,” she says.

“I… I… I, uh… Your date would love to… Wait, what?” Felix starts talking nonsense, too surprised hearing Haley’s statement. “I don't know how to dance,” 

Haley giggles.

“Here, take my hand,” Haley offers him her hand. But, before he could hold her hand, she pulls it back. Felix is taken aback by her action, but Haley didn't notice his reaction. “Wait a sec,” she says. Felix follows her from behind.

She walks across the room and connect her iPod on the speaker and a slow ballad fills the air. Satisfied, she turns to Felix.

“Take my hand,” Haley offers her hand to Felix once again. Felix accepts her hand she lead him to the center of the studio.

“Feel the music,”

Felix closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He doesn't quite understand what Haley’s trying to say by feel the music, but he does feel something – something unexplainable, but he can feel it, deep inside him, deeper than his heart.  He opens his eyes and look at the girl in front of him, the one who is holding his hand with her little hands. She returns back his smile, warmly.

“Now, pull me close and take one step,” she instructs him. Her voice is low and soft. Felix does as he was told and he begins to look at their reflections in the mirrors. Haley touches his face a little. “We're getting there. Keep your eyes lock to mine and let the music be our guide,” she whispers to him.



They sways slowly and in in rhythm; left, right, left, back, forward – staring into each other’s eyes, too immersed in their own world.



Haley liked it when he looked at her with those pair of golden eyes. It’s rare to see that pair of eyes in human but common in cats, and Felix…... He’s both a human and a cat. Human Felix is his true immortal form - his angel form, but without his wings and halo and whatever other physical characteristics that an angel have. Cat Felix is his mortal form on Earth. Cat or human, those pair of eyes gives her a sense of protection and it makes her feel safe.

She drops her forehead on his chest. His body emits warmness that she can’t define. She feels content with his warmth.  She didn't want this moment to end. She didn't want this dance to end. Let it be rain, let it pour heavily, she won’t stop.



Felix is enjoying his time now; being this close to Haley, his Gaia – the source that allows him to sustain his life on Earth, by consuming the Gaia’s life slowly. Haley knew about the consequences, yet she agrees to it. 

Unknown to Haley, he stopped their connection weeks ago. He couldn't do it. He can return to Ascension a.k.a Heaven, as Haley said, if he consumes his Gaia’s life, but he couldn't do it. He will die of course, but, he’s okay with it; he rather die than taking innocent people’s life, especially Haley’s. He didn’t know why, but, he couldn't do it. He gives a slight smirk on that thought. He’s the Reaper, but, he couldn't do it. One month is all he have now and he wants to make as much memories with Haley, to make her dreams comes true and to make sure she’s happy before he will be materialized – gone.

At this thought, he stops dancing suddenly. Haley look at him, confused.

“Why? You're doing fine,” she encourages him; oblivious of what’s on his mind.

No, it’s just….” he pauses. “Haley, can you promise me something?” he asks her. Without waiting for her answer, he continues, “Promise me that you will remember this dance, ok?”

Haley didn't say anything but she begins to guide him to dance again. She didn't like his question, so she refuses to say it out loud. But she did agree inside her head.

“Thanks,” he says as they sway once more. “Thanks,” he says as they sway once more. “Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall through it all,” Felix says once more. Haley laughs a bit at his joke.

Both of them know that whatever they're feeling now, it’s one in a million chances. And they both know that every step they take together, it will just keep on getting better.  They didn't say it out loud, they didn't confess it to each other but they both know that they were meant to be.

With Haley and Felix in their own world, they didn’t notice someone’s presence outside the dance studio.



Adam stands just outside the dance studio, leaning his head on the wall - listening to their every word and every movement from the very beginning. Something inside him is frantic to get out and roars at Felix. The Last Waltz ticket crumples in his fist.